Design a T-Shirt for outside:inside 2011
outside:inside festival loves art and creativity! This year the festival will be supporting young and talented artists from the region by running an exclusive design a T-Shirt competition. If you are between 2 and 16, why not grab some pens, paints or crayons and design a T-Shirt with the outside:inside festival in mind.
Simply fill in the form and return it to us at firstname.lastname@example.org or send it back to: outside:inside T-shirt competition, c/o jelly, 42 Market Place, Reading, RG1 2DE
The entrants will be judged by our expert panel at Jelly arts and you will be able to take a look at some of the best designs on the outside:inside festival website in the summer months. The winner will receive a free T Shirt which will be sold from our outside:inside outlets! All entries must be received by 27th May ~ Good Luck!
Click below to download your entry form which is in two parts,
1 the front is the your contact details
2 the back one holds your design sheet
so both are important.
outside:inside festival is run in partnership with Reading UK CIC
At jelly we value the artists mark, the idea of something handmade which is why we support the campaign Buy Handmade.
Read below and sign up too, artists and makers NEED you
This is an excerpt from the Uk Handmade campaign
Why Buy Handmade?
Buying from small independent businesses and individual makers has never been so important particuarly given the current economic climate. A recession can often be a perfect time to start a small business and the current cultural shift towards self-sufficiency means that a huge number of people are setting up on their own. Our own forum has over 2300 members with more joining daily!
Not only that but buying handmade has advantages and benefits that you won’t get buying from the larger stores on the high street.
- Many designer / makers will happily produce items that are made to order and bespoke so you can get something uniquely personal at surprisingly affordable prices because many designers don’t have the same overheads as shops.
- Buying locally reduces your carbon footprint because products haven’t been shipped from the other side of the world.
- Buying locally also means the money you spend stays in your area and boosts the local economy.
- Independant makers care about the things they make so building a relationship with local designer / makers means you are guaranteed outstanding customer service and exceptional quality.
I Am A Designer / Maker / Supporter – How Can I Get Involved?
- Firstly sign the pledge over on the campaign page and add your name to the cause.
- Tell everyone you know, friends, family and colleagues about the campaign and why they should buy from you and your fellow makers.
- Add the campaign badge to your blog or website (you can get the html code for the badge from the campaign page. If you do blog don’t forget to let UK Handmade know by leaving a comment on the campaign page!
- Share this article on twitter, digg, facebook etc).
- Tell UK Handmade what you are doing in your own area to support local businesses and designers to improve your own economy and help handmade in general and UK Handmade may post it on the website, contact email@example.com with your stories!
Let’s get the UK buying handmade!!
We’ve been featured in this seasons UK Handmade magazine – read it here in http://ukhandmade.co.uk/magazine.
It includes a feature on the inspirations behind jelly, Suzanne Stallard, pages 52-54 and a piece in the pop-up shops feature on pages 18-21. Thanks to our resident photographer, Salvo Toscano again for fab shots of what we do.
ps follow UK Handmade and join their campaign to get us all Buying Handmade